So you want to start a minds matter club at your school? We’re pumped!
we are no longer accepting club applications for the 2021 fall semester*
club applications for the 2022 spring semester will be open on Monday, november 1st through wednesday, december 15th
*this restriction does not apply to schools located in Montgomery county maryland (MCPS) nor fairfax county virginia (fcps)
please note that we are not accepting applications for our middle school pilot program at this time
action items to start a club:
To be eligible to start a club, a school must agree to:
- Have at least one club sponsor with a background or training in mental health
- Have at least two club leaders
- Have at least one club leader attend each quarterly student leadership training
- Use the sign-in portal every meeting
- Host at least 4 club meetings over the course of a semester
If you have any questions, about our club eligibility requirements, please email [email protected].
- An ideal club sponsor would be your school’s psychologist, social worker, counselor or teacher.
- The staff preferably has some mental health training, is passionate about supporting students and is approachable.
- More the merrier! If you have multiple school staff interested in supporting the club, that’s great.
- Club leaders should be passionate about mental health, open-minded to diverse thinking and perspectives, and dedicated to making mental health a priority.
- We recommend identifying at least 2-3 club leaders to launch a club.
- View a list of sample officer roles.
- Get approval from the school’s Activities Office to start the club.
- Once you have identified one or more club sponsors and student leaders, submit the OMM application form.
What happens after I submit my application?
- Once we have received your application form, we will send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your application and ask that you schedule a meeting with us within two weeks.
- This meeting will provide us with the opportunity to give insight into resources and logistics to be able to launch your club.
- This is the last step of the formal club application process. Once you complete this step you’ll gain access to the bank of over 70+ club activities, leadership templates, and more!!
What can I do while I wait to be an official OMM club?
- Watch this short 2-minute video about how OMM works
- Follow us on social media