So you want to start a minds matter club at your school? We’re pumped!
Here are the steps start a club:
- An ideal club sponsor would be your school’s psychologist, social worker, counselor or teacher.
- The staff preferably has some mental health training, is passionate about supporting students and is approachable.
- More the merrier! If you have multiple school staff interested in supporting the club, that’s great.
- Club leaders should be passionate about mental health, open-minded to diverse thinking and perspectives, and dedicated to making mental health a priority.
- We recommend identifying at least 2-3 club leaders to launch a club.
- View a list of sample officer roles.
- Get approval from the school’s Activities Office to start the club.
- If you are in the FCPS system, use this template for the application
- You might have to fill out a Constitution for your club. See a sample one here
- Once you have identified one or more club sponsors and student leaders, submit the OMM application form.
What happens after I submit my application?
- Once we have received your application form, we will send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your application and ask that you schedule a meeting with us within two weeks.
- This meeting will provide us with the opportunity to give insight into resources and logistics to be able to launch your club.
- This is the last step of the formal club application process. Once you complete this step you’ll gain access to the bank of over 70+ club activities, leadership templates, and more!!
What can I do while I wait to be an official OMM club?