So you want to start a Minds matter club at your school? GREAT! here are a few pointers to get you started:
1. find staff interested and available to sponsor the club
- Having 2 or 3 co-sponsors is helpful
- One of the co-sponsors must be a faculty staff in student services (i.e. counselor), administration or be a school psychologist or school social worker
2. find students who are interested and available to lead the club
- Having 2 or 3 leaders is helpful
- View more officer roles
3. fill out the necessary paperwork to make your club official!
- Get approval from the school’s Activities Office to start the club
- Submit the JAF application form online
4. Once we have received your application form, you are officially a minds matter club!
- We’ll then be in touch with you discuss next steps and to provide support
5. hold an interest meeting
- Advertise the date/time/location of the “Interest Meeting”
- Example – on the school’s broadcast news show, hang flyers around the school (Flyers need to be approved by the school’s Activities Office), social media, etc.
- Collect names and email addresses of students who attend with this sign up sheet
6. continue to find more interested students to join the club
- Participate in middle schools’ “Activity Fairs”
- Participate in your high school’s “Activity Fairs” (e.g., back-to-school kick-offs)
- For more ideas on how to promote your club, see Club Promoting Tips here