Our Minds Matter (OMM) works toward the day when no teen dies by suicide. OMM empowers teens to change the culture around mental health in their schools and communities.
Do you want to join OMM’s mission to ensure that no teen dies by suicide? Here are some ways to get involved this Suicide Prevention Month:
- Get your Be There certificate. Learn to support someone struggling with their mental health — a free training from Jack.org and Born This Way Foundation.
- Donate or fundraise to the Changemaker Award fund. Help us award Changemaker funds to 10 clubs to support their school-wide campaigns.
- Shop our official merchandise at the OMM store. Gift someone you care about a new t-shirt or sweatshirt to let them know they are not alone and that you’re here for them.
- Attend a free storytelling workshop hosted by Channel Kindness, a project of Born This Way Foundation, on Thursday, September 21, 7:30–8:30 p.m., ET. Sign up here.
- Host a “You Matter” campaign by mobilizing your community to prioritize mental health at your school. Sign into the club portal to get the guide.
However you choose to get involved in Suicide Prevention Month this September, remember that with any action you take — big or small — you are helping save lives!
If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health, text MIND to 741741 to be connected to a Crisis Text Line Counselor or, call 988. Check out this page for more mental health resources from the many organizations and services that are here to help!