Pride Month is upon us! Our Minds Matter will be bringing light to the contributions of queer folx over the course of history, to the issues facing the LGBTQ+ community, and to ways that we can all be better allies.
Here are some findings from the Trevor Project’s National Survey on LGBTQ Youth Mental Health 2021:
- LGBTQ youth are at a higher risk of adverse mental health outcomes and even suicide than the general youth population
- LGBTQ youth of color face different challenges due to the intersectionality of race & sexuality
- LGBTQ youth have better mental health when they have their pronouns respected and when they are able to access spaces that affirm their sexual orientation & gender identity
Validating the experiences of queer folx and advocating for gender affirming mental healthcare is action towards a future without teen suicide. Follow along with @our.minds.matter this June to learn about the impact queer folx have had on the world, to engage in activism, to find gender & identity affirming resources, and ways that you can be in solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community. For resources, visit our mental health resources page and scroll down to LGBTQ+ youth for updated and new resources.
Virtual FREE Pride Events:
- Pride Talks: We Are Colorful, June 1 through June 7
- NYC Pride
- Family Movie Night, June 17th
- Youth Pride, June 26th