- To take the perspective of someone with a mental illness to increase awareness and promote tolerance
- To develop helpful response to hurtful statements that others make to individuals with mental illnesses
Break up into groups (5 or fewer groups) and assign each group a “character” below from walk in our shoes website Options include:
Each group should watch their assigned character’s story video which is approximately 3 minutes.
- How did it feel to hear your assigned character’s scenario? Did it change your perspective on mental illness?
- How can you be more aware of your words? Why is it important to be aware? What was the most eye-opening part of these scenarios for you?
- What are some of the things you could say to your character to help them with their struggles/