Find Goodness in Others
Challenge: Find goodness in others that you have a difficult relationship with.
Seeing the positive attributes in others is an uphill battle. But it can be done, with a little bit of work. Here’s how to find goodness in others:
- Lose the labels, labels are not intrinsic features of a person; they are merely creations of the mind to help describe them.
- Rarely is it true that a person can be summed up in a one-word label
- Slow Down And Be Curious About Others
- In order to see the good in other people, you need to look for it
- Look Them In The Eyes
- Eye contact is an important part of your social skills toolkit
- Smile At Them
- Chances are they’ll smile back and already you have something nice to say about them. They are friendly, have a nice smile, etc.
Find Goodness in Yourself
Challenge: Let’s look for the good in ourselves, and when we find it, let’s treat ourselves as though that’s all we see.
When you find goodness in yourself, it is easier to recognize the goodness in others:
- Accept yourself
- Express yourself
- Be present in the moment, direct your full attention to what is happening
- Make every experience one you can learn from
- Believe in your abilities
- Don’t hold back
- Focus on the positive
As you become [better] at finding positive aspects in other people, you get better at seeing positive aspects of yourself ~Mikey D
Anyone can find the dirt in someone, be the one who finds the gold. ~Proverb
I’m starting with the man in the mirror ~Michael Jackson