Challenge: Accept kindness gracefully
We cannot be emotionally healthy if we do not accept kindness. Learning how to accept the kindness someone offers you is not as easy as it seems. Here are a few tips on how to accept kindness:
- Recognize your self-worth. Accepting kindness means accepting that you are WORTHY of kindness—a notion that some of us struggle with.
- Rejecting kindness denies the person the chance to give and robs you both of the chance to connect.
- Don’t apologize by making excuses, this diminishes the givers’ kindness..
- Take the Compliment. Just because someone shows you kindness, it doesn’t mean you owe them anything.
Challenge: Be kind to yourself
- Pack in the Z’s – research shows that you’ll be happier, more energetic, more focused and so much more!
- Eat well
- Work that body – the human body is built for and capable of so much more than hanging out on social media. Go outside and breath in the beauty of nature. Exercise doesn’t have to be routine, when was the last time you went tree climbing?
- Discover ways to manage your stress. Slow down and think about what makes you feel content, do it, and do it often!
The other side of giving is receiving. ~Andrea DeBell