- To describe what compassion is
- To demonstrate how to show compassion in their school community
Watch Josh opens doors video.
After watching the video, discuss a few of the questions below, either in small groups or as a class. Project the Josh Opening Doors Questions slide using a document camera or projector. The questions on the slide are:
- Did watching the video prompt any questions for you?
- Josh was kind of vulnerable, wasn’t he? What is your reaction to him and his situation?
- What do you think of Josh’s decision to open doors? Could you see yourself doing something like this? Why or why not?
- Josh’s mom suggests ‘fighting back with kindness’ in tough situations. Do you think that can work? Why or why not?
- Josh says that opening doors was a simple act that changed his life. What are some simple acts of kindness that we can do around school to make it a more positive place?
- What simple acts of kindness can you do for yourself?